Top 10 "S" is for Sweet Sorority Benefits
"S" stands for sweet sorority benefits! If you're thinking about joining a sorority, but you're not completely sure, consider these super, spectacular sorority advantages and you can't go wrong!
🎀 Putting the "S" in Sorority Life 🎀
- Sisterhood ~ Nowhere else can you find a “family” away from home. Other campus clubs are interesting, but a sorority offers a deeper level of love and bonds for life. Sisters are even closer than friends. It’s completely unique and only offered at college.
- Security ~ You are a long way from home and you need the support of sisters who have your back. College can be a little scary. Having a tight group of loyal friends gives a girl security and comfort.
- Social ~ The best social life on campus! Not all greek parties are wild and out of control. There are lots of sisterhood socials, mixers, date parties, formals, holiday events, gala fundraisers, greek week, fraternity parties, weekend get-aways, etc… You will not suffer from loneliness if you go greek.
- Scholarship ~ Greeks rank higher in GPAs and hold more leadership positions on campus. A sorority has academic requirements for all their members. Chapters help their members achieve their academic goals, give awards, provide study programs and more.
- Service ~ Philanthropy is such a large part of sorority life. Giving back is a priority in all chapters. Volunteering and fundraising develops a lifelong habit of helping the less fortunate. Sorority members continue to be involved in charitable work after graduation.
- Structure ~ Experiencing total freedom and the temptations of university life can be overwhelming, confusing and limitless. A sorority offers it’s members a framework for excelling in college. The responsibility of attending meetings, producing events, conducting recruitment and organizing fundraisers provides sorority members with valuable life lessons and boundaries.
- Standards ~ Sororities set membership standards that keep girls on the right track for success. Members represent their chapter at all times, so sororities insist that they are well-behaved, act decently and are accountable for their actions. Members must live with honor and represent their letters to the highest standard.
- Strength ~ The college years are some of the most challenging emotionally. Sorority girls consistently credit their sisterhood for giving them the strength to deal with their difficult personal struggles, family problems, unexpected death, relationship breakups and more. Sorority sisters give you the fortitude to face your issues head on.
- Sharing ~ When you join a sorority you quickly learn how to share. Being unselfish is a big part of sorority life. Sharing your time, sharing your talents, sharing your space, sharing your wardrobe, giving gifts, crafting, painting and decorating till dawn is all part of the package. Being greek is all about giving from the heart.
- Skills ~ Everything you learn in your sorority will serve you well for the rest of your life. Leadership, organization, time management, public relations, marketing, motivation, teamwork, event planning, brainstorming, budgeting, creativity and much, much more. Sisterhood is truly for life.