7 Fab Sorority Ice-Breakers
Get closer and break the ice with these quick and easy sisterhood games! Perfect for new members, retreats, sisterhood socials, or informal recruitment parties.
🎀 Sorority Ice-Breaker Games 🎀
- CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS: Instead of their names, have the girls write down 2 adjectives describing themselves on a stick-on badge. They must wear their name tag, and find someone with similar or opposite adjectives and talk for five minutes with the other girl. Play this ice breaker in two rounds, one for similar adjectives and one for opposites.
- I’VE DONE SOMETHING YOU HAVEN’T DONE: Have each girl introduce herself and then state something she has done that she thinks no one else in the group has done! If someone else has also done it, she must state something else until she finds something that no one else has done.
- FINDING FAVORITES: Each girl writes on a blank index card 3 of her favorite things - such as favorite color, hobby, movie, food, etc… Pass out the cards so everyone gets someone else’s card. Each girl must find the person on her card by following the “favorite things” clues.
- FAMOUS PERSON: Have everyone write a famous name on a piece of paper and pin it on someone else’s back. Each girl then tries to guess what name is pinned on her own back by asking others around the room yes or no questions. Variations: use famous places instead, use names/places relating to your party theme, use names/places on your campus, names/places related to your campus Greek community.
- WHY ME: Each girl introduces herself and tells what she knows about WHY she has her name - such as being named after a crazy aunt, a song, an unusual place, etc… It can be her first, middle, or nickname. Craziest reason for a name wins a small prize.
- ME TOO: Divide the crowd into small groups of 4-6 girls. Give the groups 5 minutes to write a list of everything they ALL have in common. Tell them to avoid the obvious - for example, “We’re all attending the same college." When time is up, ask each group how many things they have listed and ask them to announce some of the most interesting commonalities. The group with the most interesting and unusual all-in-common things wins a small prize such as candy.
AUTOGRAPH BINGO: Prepare a 5 x 5 “bingo card” with interesting facts written inside the boxes. These facts can include funny or unusual things. Be creative! For example:
- Likes anchovies
- Has been to Russia
- Speaks more than two languages
- Has a sister in a sorority
- Sings in public
You can mark the center square “free space” like a traditional bingo game. After you have prepared the bingo card, print out enough copies for the number of girls participating. Pass out a card and a pen to everyone playing. A girl may only autograph each card once.
The girls mingle around the room and obtain the signatures of other girls who have the facts listed on the bingo sheet. Once a person successfully obtains a full row (5 in a row), either horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, she shouts “NAME-OF-YOUR-SORORITY” and wins. Introductions should follow a win. This icebreaker is fun way to get to know humorous facts about sorority sisters, alums, or potential new members.