10 Chapter & National Founder's Day Celebration Ideas
Milestone chapter anniversaries and national founder’s days call for super special celebrations. Take your event planning to the next level with these sorority sugar anniversary/founding party ideas. These suggestions are especially nice for a key anniversary celebrations such as a 25th, 50th, 75th, or 100th year of being on campus or nationally organized.
👑 Chapter Celebration Inspiration 👑
- Theme your event to your founding year. For example, if your chapter founding date is 1988, it would be fun to plan a 80s theme party/luncheon. Plan decorations, music and fashions from the 80s. A dinner/dance in this theme would also be terrific. The same would work for a national Founder’s Day social with a Victorian 1880’s theme.
- Create a special anniversary/founder’s day logo and use it on all your invitations, papers, social media, publicity, favors, gift bags, etc… Also use your sorority colors, symbols and flowers everywhere.
- Assemble a mega memory table with all the chapter historical photos, gifts, clothing and decor that you can find.
- Involve your alumnae as much as possible. Ask them to supply photos for a special video production. Interview alums & current members and ask them to share what their sorority means to them. Screen the video at your anniversary dinner.
- Write & perform a “founders day” skit which takes a sentimental, but humorous look at your sorority’s beginnings. A chapter skit with a 20’s, 50’s or 70’s reenactment would be really entertaining. Same holds true for an 1880’s production.
- Offer a large memory board. Display a giant memo board or cork board on an easel. Supply flat note cards for everyone to write on. Ask each guest to write down what XYZ sorority means to them in one sentence and then attach it to the board. At the end of your party, your chapter will have a wonderful keepsake.
- Create a photo booth by hanging a special banner backdrop and adding some side props, like topiaries. Stock it with hand-held props, signs, hats and your greek letters. Make your commemorative photos a little extra special. And watch the “edges” when taking photos. The effect is ruined if you can see the clips holding the banner, the tables and chairs on either side and the stockpile of cardboard boxes behind the drape. Photos should be “framed” in the key center area, with no nearby messes visible.
- Commemorate with Music. Ask the musical sisters in your chapter to write and perform an original song written especially for the sorority’s milestone anniversary. Or, ask them to perform sorority “oldie” songs to bring back memories.
- Have an anniversary memory quilt made for your chapter. Collect tee shirts from alumnae and current members to cover a wide range of years. Commission a local quilter or tee shirt quilt company to sew a special 25th anniversary piece. Display later in the sorority house and use for recruitment events.
- Use social media. Make sure to post photos for everyone to see & share on your chapter Facebook page, Instagram, Tumblr blog, etc… Actives and Alumnae will really appreciate this.