All-Girl Panhellenic Mixers
Increase your Panhellenic unity by planning some all-girl socials with other sororities. A fun theme and some planned activities will ease any awkwardness and provide a platform for having a good time. Chapter to chapter mixers can be a blast!
Top 10 Sorority + Sorority Mixer Ideas!
- Play Tourist ~ Find the most touristy attraction in your area. Ask all the girls to dress as tacky tourists and take lots of photos as you enjoy the amusement park, festival, or museum.
- Dare Devil ~ Try indoor skydiving, go-kart racing, zip lining, or another adrenaline inducing activity. Doing something a little different and exciting, should increase attendance.
- Dancing Divas ~ Schedule an evening at the dance studio (or have an instructor come to you) learning ballroom dancing, the Charleston, belling dancing, or swing dancing. Wear accessories that match the era of your chosen dance. A 20’s Great Gatsby theme would be fun while doing the Charleston.
- 70's Fondue Party ~ Rent or collect enough fondue pots for a fondue tasty dinner. Cook up some cheese fondue for dipping bread and meat and a chocolate dessert fondue for dipping fruit. Dress 70’s style, play retro music and screen a 70’s movie.
- Make-Over Mixer ~ Depending on your budget, schedule several make-up artists to do makeovers for the sisters. Or, you can play YouTube make-over videos, have the girls follow along, doing their own cosmetics. It’s BYOM (bring your own makeup.) Combine this social with girly finger food and frothy mocktails.
- Wineglass Painting ~ Crafting is fun when you focus on one special project. Decorate wine glasses, and award funny prizes for different categories. Like most colorful, most sorority style, or most outrageous. Have an artistic sister teach the group the best techniques and give everyone painting tips. This idea would work well for a cooler or jug painting party too.
- Camp Out ~ Host a camping evening without spending the night. Set up your Panhellenic mixer at a local park, campground, or picnic area. Cook dinner over the fire pit, roast marshmallows, sing songs and tell ghost stories. Avoid roughing it in a tent, by returning to campus at the end of the evening.
- Grillin’ Gridiron Girls ~ Combine social time with learning how to cook on a grill and how to understand the game of football. Have a skilled grill cook instruct the group, followed by a delicious BBQ dinner. Include a lesson all about football from a knowledgable player, coach, or local expert
- Flea Market Finds ~ If you have a monthly flea market or antique show in your area, you can make a fun game out of it! Divide the 2 sororities into mixed member teams. Give each team a small budget to buy the coolest or weirdest item they can find. Hold a blind vote afterwards to determine the winning team. Add a ‘photo scavenger hunt’ to the event by giving each team a list of odd items, and see how many of them they can find by taking a picture.
- Faux Bachelorette Party ~ Pretend that one sister is getting married and everyone is out to celebrate. Take turns being “the fake bride” and wearing a veil. Play crazy bachelorette party games (there are lots of examples online), wear bachelorette party tee shirts, hats and buttons.