5 Fun New Member Ice Breakers
🍒 New Member Games 🍒
Time for some chapter bonding FUN! These are some easy games to play with your sorority sisters to break the ice and increase closeness. A great way to get to know new members.
1. The Sorority Love Knot: You need an even number of sisters (if needed, you can split the chapter up into 2 or 3 groups). Have each group stand in a circle, stick out their right hand, and grab for someone else’s right hand. Now reach with your left and grab a different person. Once connected the groups need to untangle themselves without letting go! When completed, the groups should be in a circle. While still in your circles, say aloud your creed, motto or other meaningful sorority words. Then sing a special chapter song.
2. Sister Trust Fall: Have the sisters sit close in a circle and stick both arms straight up to the center. Now place a new member in the middle and her stand straight and tall. When ready, have the girl in the middle fall back. The circle of sisters will make sure that the center girl stays up at all times.
3. Sorority Shoe Find: Spit the chapter into 2 groups and have them place their shoes in a pile. Now mix-up the pile of shoes. On the count of go, have each team search for their shoes and cross their designated line with their shoes on. The team to have all members finish first….wins a little sorority treat.
4. Truth Or Fib?: Have each girl write 2 truths and 1 “fib” about themselves. Go around the room and have the sisters figure out what are the truths and what are the fibs.
5. Symbol Toss: Have the chapter circle up. One sister will start by holding a soft chapter symbol (like a plush toy or pillow.) She tosses it to another sister and then says something nice about her. Then that girl will throw it to someone else. Continue until all the girls have been tossed to!